Adele's Emotional Tribute To Amy

1:36 PM

ADELE paid tribute to Amy Winehouse this week, on what would have been the late singer's 33rd birthday, revealing that she has a lot to thank the Back To Black artist for.
"I feel like I owe 90 per cent of my career to her," she told the sold-out TD Garden Arena in Boston on Wednesday night, reports People. "Because of her, I picked up a guitar and because of her, I wrote my own songs. The songs I got signed on were the songs that I wrote completely on my own – if it wasn't for her, that wouldn't have happened. Her first album, Frank, it really changed my life."
"I'd see her on TV or in magazine shoots with a pink electric guitar," she continued to the cheering crowd, "I used to think she was the coolest motherf****r on the face of the earth."
She then dedicated her cover of Bob Dylan's Make You Feel My Love to Winehouse, who died of alcohol poisoning in 2011 at the age of 27 following a long battle with addiction.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts